It's turning into one of Those Days (and probably one of Those Weeks) when a million different things to do are standing between me and studio time. Since I'm unable to sit and post properly right now, may I recommend a few good reads on other sites for your morning dose of inspiration?
- Wallace Stevens on Reality, Creativity, & Our Greatest Self-Protection from the Pressure of the News by Maria Popova
- Willie Miller & the Sleeper in the Cave by Katherine Langerish
- Medieval Robin Hood: Fold Carnivals & Ballads by Mark Truesdale
- Celtic Fantasy and War: Patricia Lynch & William Croft Dickinson by Rob Maslen
- Six of the Best Fairy Tales, chosen by Sylvia Linsteadt
- Michael Cunningham's A Wild Swan & Other Tales, reviewed by Carina Bissett
- Helena Kelly's Jane Austen, the Secret Radical, reviewed by Ruth Franklin
- Have a Carrot, Have Two (on Margaret Wise Brown) by Glen Roven
- Ursula Nordstrom & the Queer History of Children's Books by Kelly Blewett
- Why I Came Out as a Gay Children's Book Author by Alexander London
- Speaking of Nature by Robin Wall Kimmerer (author of Braiding Sweetgrass)
- Noticing Nature: Forest Bathing & Mindfulness by Hannah Velten
- Be More Dog by Sarah Pinborough
The art above is by the wonderful Austrian illustrator Lisbeth Zwerger. I'll be back in the studio just as soon as I can be.